HOW ELSA WORKS:
- Speaking with one voice to regulators to ensure industry self regulation;
- Helping to promote the effective growth of a responsible industry;
- Involving industry opinion leaders in facing challenges through ELSA’s working committees;
- Giving potential investors confidence that ELSA members are committed to its Code of Practice;
- Promoting the ELSA Code on best practices and promoting self-regulation;
- Working with European business schools and universities on the ELSA Education Student Award Programme;
- Providing a sustained education effort to highlight the risks and rewards of life settlements;
- Providing a united front in combating ill informed and misguided attacks from regulators, elected representatives and the media;
- Providing a regular forum for industry collaboration;
- Providing insights, intelligence and relevant business development opportunities that can help grow your business.
For Fund Managers
ELSA connects its members directly to key industry experts through its conference
programmes, seminars and intimate forums. These provide insights into timely trends
and education, helping create a diversified portfolio for your clients and become better
informed on issues being faced in compliance, due diligence, regulatory environment,
ELSA also provides an opportunity to connect with other broker-dealers through forums
to learn and share knowledge and expertise to benefit their reps and advisors, thus
building a safer regulatory environment.
Involvement in ELSA dialogues and meetings with European Regulators including the
For Associations / Organisations
FSA; CSSF; Irish Stock Exchange. ELSA will help you understand the implications of
existing and planned legislation, including Congress-Dodd-Frank Act, SEC 100+ new
rules, and FINRA new regulations.
ELSA can help you with access when it is relevant for your business. Can you afford to
go it alone? ELSA is tracking daily changes to keep its members up to date on all the
important issues: compliance, due diligence, regulatory, legal.
ELSA believes in “EDUCATION”- providing the opportunity for leading edge forums with
peer member Fund Managers learning and sharing knowledge and expertise,
networking together to benefit their representatives and advisors, and seeing before
others in the market new product trends.
Collaborating with ELSA provides benefits to your members and programmes by cross
advertising/promotion, source of speakers or panelists, discounts to your membership,
and possible registration and/or display table trade outs for top leadership at ELSA
2012 is likely to be a challenging new world both economically and facing new
regulatory issues. Working with ELSA means you don’t have to go it alone.
ELSA already works closely with LISA and BVZL, but aims to work with other
organisations in the financial services field. We can discuss having a top leader
representative of our respective organizations attend each other’s events and explore
common goals and objectives.