Our focus is on the promotion of best practice and the positive development of the European life settlement industry’s reputation amongst all stakeholders.
- Encouraging best practice
- Educating industry participants, the public, regulators and the media
- Developing new and innovative longevity-based research
- Leading the promotion of life settlements amongst European investors
- Together with BVZL, organising an annual investor summit – the leading conference event in the European life settlement industry calendar
- Arranging symposiums – free-to-attend half-day events hosted by members with presentations and panel discussions involving leading industry experts
- Meeting with key European regulators – including the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI), the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) and Luxembourg’s Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) – to update them on industry developments and share ideas on best practice
- Maintaining and refining an industry-leading Code of Practice, a comprehensive set of best practice requirements and guidelines for product designers, managers and distributors
- Publishing new research, conference presentations and other documents of interest to the life settlement community, authored by both members and non-members
- Collaborating closely with other leading industry associations, including BVZL, LISA and ILMA
Benefits to Members
- Speaking with one voice to investors, regulators and the media
- Helping to promote self-regulation and the effective growth of a responsible industry
- Involving industry opinion leaders in facing challenges through the association’s committees
- Giving investors confidence that ELSA members are committed to its Code of Practice
- Providing a sustained education effort to highlight the risks and rewards of life settlements
- Providing a regular forum for industry collaboration
- Providing insights, intelligence and relevant business development opportunities that can help grow your business
Full (Voting) Membership£5,000 p.a.
Associate (Non-Voting) Membership£4,000 p.a
Membership is open to funding sources, service providers and intermediaries in the life settlement market. Fees are paid quarterly or annually in advance. The association’s membership application form is available here.